Tuesday 22 December 2015

PHOTOS: Miss Philippines Pia Wurtzbach also ‘confused’ about Miss Universe win over Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutierrez

Miss Philippines Pia Wurtzbach spoke to ET minutes after the crowning moment.
The new Miss Universe is just as confused as everyone else.


Miss Philippines Pia Wurtzbach says she didn’t know how to react after being named the winner on Sunday night after host Steve Harvey had already crowned Miss Colombia, Ariadna Gutierrez.
“I was confused. I wasn't sure what was going on,” Wurtzbach told ET after her unprecedented pageant upset. “I didn’t expect that to happen at all.” Me Photos below



Her shock was written all over the 26-year-old’s face during the live telecast as Harvey admitted that he had made a mistake, and Wurtzbach was really the night’s big winner.

She hesitated before walking up to center stage, where Gutierrez stood with her crown, bouquet and “Miss Universe” sash. She looked to the pageant staff and crew offstage for a cue or signal to walk up, but says “even they were confused.”

“I had to ask my (them) many times like, ‘Did I really win? Am I really Miss Universe? Are you going to take the crown from me now?’ And they (said), ‘No, no, you’re really the winner.’”

And for her part, Miss Colombia composed herself to give a very classy concession speech.

“Everything happens for a reason,” the 21-year-old said via a video posted to the Miss Universe Twitter feed after the awkward finale. “I’m happy! I’m happy for all what I did to (reach) this dream. Thank you all, thank you for voting for me.”







No comments:

Post a Comment

For Advert/Online Publicity/News Tips

T:08132049041
E:enbazmedia@gmail.com
Facebook: @enbazmedia
Twitter: @enbazmedia

TRAVELSTART

Popular Posts

For Latest Updates,Do Enter Your Email Here Thanks

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner